Save when you send money overseas
The Mirror has partnered with exchange experts Moneycorp to help you save on your international money transfers. With bank beating exchange rates and low transfer fees you could save hundreds, even thousands, with the Mirror Money Transfer Service.
- Better exchange rates than the bank – If you were to buy £10,000 worth of euros, we could get you nearly €500 more than if you used a high street bank.
- Low transfer fees – saving you as much as £30 per transfer compared to using a bank.
- Expert guidance – Your own personal account manager will help you make the most of the currency markets and transfer your money for the rate you want.
- Online access – Buy currency and make overseas transfers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Safeguarded customer funds – Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, Moneycorp safeguards customer funds in secure, segregated accounts.
How we save you money
The Mirror International Money Transfer Service is provided by exchange experts Moneycorp. As specialists Moneycorp can offer better exchange rates than a bank and much lower fees.
A team of professional currency dealers works to secure the best exchange rates on the foreign exchange market and pass these on to you. You can even work with a personal dealer to try and target a better rate not yet available on the market.
Moneycorp vs the Bank
*This table is based on exchange rate comparisons taken on 21st January 2014 from Lloyds, Barclays, HSBC and the Mirror Money Transfer Service, provided by Moneycorp. The table shows the cost of sending €10,000 overseas and includes the transfer fees charged for international money transfers made by telephone.
If you need to send money as a one-off payment for any reason - such as buying a property abroad, moving abroad, moving back to the UK or planning an overseas wedding – Moneycorp can help you can make ad-hoc payments quickly at your convenience either online or over the phone. As experts in foreign exchange and international money transfers, we can save you time and money by handling the whole process for you.
Send your money overseas today. Save on your ad-hoc international money transfers with the Mirror Money Transfer Service.
- Competitive exchange rates: around 4% better than a banks.
- Low transfer fees: make a one-off transfer for as little as £5.
- Online accounts: simple to set up with 24/7 access.
- Register for an account
- Speak to an account manager
- Decide your exchange rate
- Arrange your transfer
- Transfer complete
Fees - your first transfer is free
Standard online: £4
Express online: £8
Over the phone: £10
You can make substantial savings on fees alone - a bank will typically charge £30-£40 for an international money transfer.
Moneycorp can talk you through the different ways of making regular transfers payments, and can help you get great value for money. Fully automated and hassle free, our Regular Payment Plan (RPP) is tailored for transactions such as overseas mortgages payments, property maintenance payments, pension and salary transfers to overseas tuition fees.
If you are frequently sending money overseas, for example for a mortgage, pension or salary, you could benefit from a regular payment plan.- Easy to set-up and flexible around your needs.
- Our lowest fees: only £4 per transfer.
- Fix at a favourable exchange rate for up to two years.
Set up a schedule and pick a payment plan that fits around your needs.
Fix the amount of sterling you send
You send a fixed amount of sterling each transfer. The amount of foreign currency you will receive in your overseas account will vary with the exchange rate.
Fix the amount of foreign currency you receive
You receive a fixed amount of foreign currency each transfer. The amount of sterling debited from your UK account will vary with the exchange rate. or
Fix the exchange rate
You send and receive a fixed amount of sterling and foreign currency. This option is available for a period of between 6 and 24 months.
Whatever you want from your international money transfer, we have a service to fit your needs and save you money.
Once you set up an account you can arrange one-off or regular payments.
- One off payments are straightforward transfers you can arrange on the spot, with expert help over the phone, or make online at your convenience.
- Another of our services; a Regular Payment Plan could save you a lot of time and money if you’re making frequent overseas payments. Automatically send payments at a schedule you've set. You can even fix the exchange rate for up to two years.
Moneycorp are exchange experts with over 30 years experience of helping people save on international money transfers. Moving customers' money to where they want it, for a rate they want and a price they like.
Whether it's travel money for a holiday, helping an individual buy a house overseas or international payments for a business, Moneycorp offers bank beating exchange rates, expert market guidance and friendly customer service.
Authorised and regulated by the FCA, you know your money is in safe hands with Moneycorp.